At the end of each month, I like to reflect on the month I had. I've found that every time I do this, I improve things in my life. Now that I have a blog, I think this is the best way to keep myself accountable, reflect on the things I've done, and think about what needs to be improved. August was an interesting month.
I finally got the hang of spending 2-3 hours every day to work on this blog. I've found that having at least 6 months planned on my editorial calendar, is helpful. That way I don't have to come up with ideas every month. I always tweak a thing or two, but having a general idea of what's coming during the month keeps me committed to working towards that. I'm excited to keep sharing content with you in the months to come. :)
- I shared on Instagram Stories that I bought two new lenses and I can't be more excited about it. If you follow me on Instagram, you also now that I've been using them non-stop and that I had the opportunity to shoot an event.
- I shared how to define your personal brand as a creative entrepreneur.
- I talked about the value of having a supporting system of women and how we can benefit when we support each other.
- Since I'm in the process of starting a new creative business (can't wait to share the details with you!), I shared 7 steps I took/will take during the process of starting this new venture. Even though I already built a creative business 5 years ago, I'm more mature and have more experience now than before.
- With the launch of this website, a stress fracture that had me wearing a boot and crutches for almost two months, and juggling life and work, I sat down to write how to manage stress.
- The other day, a friend told me she would like to have a blog and asked me for the things she should know before starting one.
August was a month where I had to change my plans and adjust my calendar because of my stress fracture and not being allowed to walk that much. I was kind of mad because I was excited to go out and use my new lenses, but life happens and we have to learn to adjust.
How was your month? Do you like to reflect on the things you've done?
Photo by Stephanie Blondet